Sunday, December 31, 2017

Name That Bird...

     This little fella has made an appearance every morning, crossing the road in the same place each time. Can you guess what kind of bird he is? The answer is here.

   

    He also shows up at other times throughout the day.  He must be the resident representative of his species here at MCC.

    I finally got around to washing the back and detailing the driver's side of the coach this morning. When I wash the coach I retract the slide(s) on that side. It makes the job easier and I don't  have to worry about water intrusion around the seals. Since our arrival, there has been a car parked way too close to our coach in the site to the left of ours. He's not intruding on our space, but the front bumper of his car is right at the line. With our slide out, I've had to walk sideways to squeeze between the car and the slide. The cargo bay that I access most often - the one containing all my cleaning supplies and tools, is the one that is difficult to get to because of the way this car is parked.  Kayla's friend, Justin is an employee here and told me that the car has been parked this way for quite a while and the owners have been absent. 
    No pictures or story beyond what I've described. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

    Suzanne and Travis hung out by the pool while I finished cleaning the coach. She read, he lounged and obsessed over the pool's floating chlorine dispenser. He doesn't get it. He barks at it.
    I finished my job and joined them poolside and we decided it was time for lunch. Suzanne had her leftover lobster ravioli from last night's dinner and I FINALLY ate the rest of the chicken parm I've referenced several times in previous blogs.

   

     Following lunch, I cleaned up our bikes, aired up the tires on Suzanne's and we went for a ride around the resort. Later on, I took Travis to the resort's dog park and we played fetch for half an hour or so. There was a gallon bottle of spring water (no ordinary hose water for the dogs here at MCC) and bowls that looked like they had just been washed. But Travis isn't crazy about drinking water from any bowl other than his own and he passed on the H2O. 
    
    Travis doing what he loves most...




     Ryan stopped by for a visit, I had met him on my way to the dog park. He arrived bearing Christmas gifts! Kayla had also given us each a gift on Christmas day. Maybe we'll start making this Christmastime pilgrimage every year!
     At 5:30 we decided to move the  party to Joanne's place. Suzanne and Ryan picked up a couple pizzas on the way. I walked Travis and buttoned things up on the home front and joined them at Joanne's for pizza and a movie. The movie, The Dinner starring Richard Gere, looked promising in the promo but sucked in actuality. Don't bother.
    That was our Saturday in a nutshell.

     Did you identify the bird?

    Thanks for reading the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment