Thursday, December 28, 2017

Faucets, Burgers and More...

     Is the weather ever not nice in the Coachella Valley? Today's forecast high is 79 degrees.
     Suzanne had just a couple of hours of work today and I had a couple of things I wanted to check off the to-do list. The Moen shower control has been hard to turn since we bought the coach. I've been okay with it but Suzanne has to use two hands to operate it and I've been meaning to take a look at it for a while. Today was the day.


    I removed the knob and took a few pictures of the valve assembly to take with me to the Home Depot located (conveniently) about a mile away. By this time Suzanne was done with work for the day so she accompanied me to Home Depot where, with the help of a team member, I decided to buy a whole new assembly. I was planning to just purchase a cartridge repair kit but HD didn't have that particular kit. The kit they did have was $35 so I figured that even if I could find the one I needed at a plumbing supply store, it would cost me at least $35... probably more. 
     Here's a picture of the valve and the small opening through which I had to work on this thing.             Kinda tight quarters...


      Before disconnecting the valve I decided to take the core out, clean it up and lubricate it. I replaced the core and it worked just fine so I put everything back together and Suzanne and I made another trip to Home Depot to return the control unit I had bought. 
     Before returning to the coach we decided to grab a bite to eat. In-N-Out Burger is another half mile down Highway 111 from Home Depot so...
  
          
     I love In-N-Out Burger! 
     When we lived in southern California back in the 80s I used to teach at Hanich Music in West Covina. On the way home there was an In-N-Out on... I think it was Azusa Ave, where I would stop on occasion to get burgers to take home. Back then In-N-Outs were drive thru only. The company has grown significantly since then and now offers sit down dining. Progress. We also used to patronize what I believe was the original In-N-Out in Pasadena.

     We went through the drive thru and returned to MCC to eat our lunch by the pool where we shared a few fries with Travis.

     A couple of days ago we took the car to one of those credit card operated stay-in-your-car car washes. It got most of the heavy grime off but the car wasn't nearly as clean as I wanted it to be. After finishing lunch I got out the hose & bucket and gave the Suzuki a serious scrubbing. 
     I am now satisfied with the appearance of both the coach and the car. 
    Yesterday a mobile car washing crew was washing a nearby neighbor's TWO Jaguars. Yes, I said TWO. Hey, I may not have two Jags, but my ONE Suzuki Grand Vitara (it occurs to me that it is, after all, a Grand Vitara, not merely a Vitara. That's almost like having two Jags) is clean as a whistle. I even put shiny stuff on the tires.

     Allie and her boyfriend, Andy are on the island of Eleuthera for a week of fun in the sun. She sent us this picture earlier today...


     Aaron is with his girlfriend, Molly in Michigan for the next several days and sent us this picture earlier today...


    The older I get, the greater aversion I have to cold weather. Given a choice between Eleuthera  and zero degree Michigan... I'd choose Eleuthera. Allie has the right idea. 
But Aaron and Molly look like they're having a good time. God bless.

    I took this picture when Suzanne and I took Travis for a walk this afternoon...


    Right now we're enjoying happy hour and watching a little tv. I think my leftover chicken parm is on the menu tonight along with whatever else in the fridge needs to be eaten.

    Thanks for reading the blog.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment