Saturday, December 23, 2017

I'm Your Huckleberry!

    "You tell 'em I'm coming. And hell's coming with me, you hear?! Hell's coming with me!"
 
     Santa's message to all the little children of the world?
   
     No.
     It's a quote from the movie 'Tombstone'. At this point in the movie Wyatt's had just about enough of the Clantons et al, and has decided to do something about it.

     Today's destination was Tombstone, Arizona. Suzanne and I have been there before but Aaron has not.
     We left Lo-Hi RV Ranch in Deming, NM around 8 am. I haven't talked a lot about RV park fees. We've been trying to stay at RV parks participating in the Passport America program. I spoke a little bit about Passport America in a previous blog. If you'd like to read more about it you can click on the link above (BTW, highlighted words in all of my blogs are links to websites). Lo-Hi RV Ranch is a Passport America RV park and set us back just $22 for the night. And it was a very nice place!
Win-win.
     The trip from Deming to Tombstone was uneventful. We stopped only once to fuel up at a Pilot station in Lordsburg, NM. I kicked myself when we crossed into Arizona soon thereafter and I saw how much less expensive diesel fuel was (I paid 3.09/gal. The first station I saw in AZ was $2.79/gal). I had a suspicion this would be the case - and considered waiting to fuel up but the Pilot price was pretty good compared to others I'd been seeing. Gas stations are kind of few and far between along this stretch of I-10 so I had decided to err on the side of caution. Oh well.
     Exit 306 put us on SR 80 south. Twenty two miles later we were rolling into Tombstone. We've done this twice before, once with a fifth wheel, the second time with our last coach. There's a closed school on SR 80 just one block away from Allen Street (the main street running through Tombstone). The stretch of sidewalk in front of the school is the perfect spot for parking a 43 foot coach towing a car. I parked in this location the last two times we were here and, as before, no other vehicles occupied the space. I pulled along side the curb, Aaron took Travis for a short walk, we secured the coach and car and headed for 'The Town Too Tough To Die'.
     Our first order of business was to find a place to eat - someplace other than The Crystal Palace, where we ate the last two times we were here. Aaron poked his head inside the front door of Big Nose Kate's Saloon, looked back over his shoulder with a sh*t eating grin and said, "We're eating here!".
    Here's why...



       Nick entertains the lunch crowd at Big Nose Kate's - and does a darn good job of it! We had a few chuckles and some better than average sandwiches. You may have noticed Nick drawing down on me about 6 seconds into the video. I was a bit alarmed when I saw the cur skin that smokewagon,  but he holstered it after realizing I wasn't a threat. No harm, no foul.
     Some photos taken during our tour of Tombstone...



    The cheesy animatronic recreation of the gunfight at the OK corral...



Inside the Birdcage theater/bordello...





   About to witness a triple homicide...



    A visit to Boot Hill and we were on our way out of town headed for our home for the night, Cactus Country RV Resort, on the outskirts of Tucson, AZ. It was about 5 pm when we pulled up to the office where we paid the $47 dollar nightly fee.  After setting up in our site and having a lite dinner we watched Gunfight at the OK Corral starring Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster. Well, we watched half of it. We were pretty tired from the day's activities.

The adventure continues...

Thanks for checking out my blog.

   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment