Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!

    Today we've been invited to Jodi & Bear's place for Christmas breakfast and dinner. At 8am, knowing we would be in no condition or mood to exercise in the evening, Aaron and I decided to work out at the nicely equipped fitness center here at MCC. 




      A good workout, showers and a couple of pre-flight mimosas and we were ready to head for Jodi's place for a day of Yuletide celebration. 

      Jodi and Bear had a delicious breakfast waiting for us and were already preparing the afternoon's meal of turkey, ham and a half dozen side dishes. I've been doing a lot of meal preparation on our trip and I have to admit, it seemed nice being waited on. 
      Gifts were exchanged, hors d'oeuvres and cocktails served. We had a great time visiting and catching up on things. We returned home happy and stuffed.
      Good thing Aaron and I worked out when we did.
      Sometime around 8pm I decided to go out to the pool/jacuzzi to try to figure out how to operate it. I got the jets and lights to work... and the heat to kind of work... but not very well. Suzanne and I had changed into our swimsuits in anticipation of a successful launch but had to bail when I realized I just couldn't get the H2O temp to a comfortable number. Tomorrow I'll call the front desk and get someone to come out and show me how to work this thing. There are all sorts of switches and valves and breakers... not a very intuitive setup. 
      Hot tub, cigars and scotch tomorrow night!
      Suzanne has some work to do tomorrow so Aaron and I have to figure out something to do to entertain ourselves. Perhaps a hike?
     
       Thanks for checking out my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment