Friday, December 15, 2017

Armadillo Bazaar??

    Today we're staying put here at Austin Lone Star RV Resort. I took advantage of that fact and slept in, finally getting out of bed around 8:15. I  grabbed a couple of Travis' over sized tennis balls and we headed for the dog park.  A dog buddy he had met yesterday happened by with his owner. Yesterday they had a good time romping around on the AstroTurf but today was different - today there were tennis balls, and Travis gets a little territorial when it comes to his tennis balls. He's not aggressive or mean, he just prefers to limit his play activity to interactions with  me. Like... I throw the tennis ball and HE retrieves it. He does a much better job bringing the ball all the way back to me when there's another dog around.  Any attempt by another pooch to join in the activities is usually met with a moderately stern growl.
    We always take two balls to the playground. Travis is more likely to retrieve if he sees I have another ball ready to throw (who knows what goes on inside a dog's head). I say that to say that sometimes when another dog is determined to join in the fun and both balls are in play he'll corral them and lie down nestling them between his front legs until the other dog loses interest.
    When I got back to the coach Suzanne was on her first call of the day so I set about making breakfast, raisin French toast, turkey sausage, strawberries and pineapple. After eating and cleaning up I sat down to compose my daily blog and my laptop screen went black about two sentences in. I have an after market power cord as Travis ate the original when he was a puppy and lately I've had to wiggle it to get a good connection.  I figured the issue was with the cord.  After trying for half an hour to get the laptop to power up I decided to take it to the local Best Buy to see if they could diagnose the problem. They did - and it wasn't the cord. I was told it would have to be sent out and that the cost of repair could be between $300 & $400.
    Guess who has a new laptop.
 
     Aaron had heard from our publisher that there were a couple of corrections to be made on our latest audiobook recording.  Aaron is the talent in our book recording endeavor. I'm the software guy and take care of the technical part of the process i.e. editing, splicing, setting and maintaining certain parameters required by the publisher... stuff like that. Since I'm not around we had to figure out a way to get it done. This afternoon Aaron drove out to our place in Virginia and via FaceTime, I talked him through the recording process. We successfully made the corrections and resubmitted those chapters to ACX. Fingers crossed.
     In the afternoon Travis and I spent more time at the dog park then I came back to the coach and started preparing dinner.
     Tonight's fare: chicken parm (without the parm) and a garden salad.
     We ate at around 6:00.
     At 8:30 I decided to take a run so I changed into my running duds and hit the road. ALS RV park has nicely paved, well lit roads so it wasn't necessary for me to wear my headlamp as it was last week when we were in Tennessee. I made three passes by the front of our coach during my 40 minute jaunt and each time Travis was there waiting... and watching... through the windshield. When I came back inside Suzanne said he had been crying all the while I was out. 😢 I went back out for another couple laps around the park. This time with Travis.
   
    Some people here are absolutely overflowing with Christmas spirit...


     We have a reservation at San Antonio's Traveler's World RV Resort for Saturday, 12/16 thru Tuesday, 12/19. Aaron is flying out to join us Sunday afternoon. We were scheduled to leave Austin this morning but as San Antonio is only 80 miles from where we currently sit it doesn't make a lot of sense to move to another interim location for just one day. Yesterday afternoon we walked up to the office and extended our stay another night. We'll leave for Traveler's World tomorrow morning.
     There's a thing here in Austin called The Armadillo Christmas Bazaar.  I discovered it online soon after our arrival the other day. Come to find out the RV park offers complimentary tickets to guests and we were given two such tickets upon extending our stay.
    Dinner in Austin and The Armadillo Bazaar tonight!

    Thanks for checking out the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment