Monday, January 1, 2018

Boundaries, Buggies and Big Bangs...

 Click on pictures to enlarge 


Golf carts are a popular mode of transportation here at MCC. There's one parked and covered at our site and I was hopeful that it's use was part of the deal... but it's not. I haven't peeked under the cover to see if it's a custom job like many of the carts I see tooling around the resort. I took some pictures of just a few of these fancy buggies while walking Travis yesterday afternoon. Check em out.

                                                                   '57 Chevy

                                                                Santa's Golf Cart?

                                                   Custom Painted to match the coach

                                                              A British 'Black Cab'

                                                                       Hummer

                                                               Probably a woman's?

     My mother commented that I'm always writing in my blog about cleaning something. Well, I'm happy to announce that I didn't clean anything yesterday. All the things I've wanted to clean are now clean. Hmm... I haven't done the inside of the windows yet...
     It was kind of a lazy day here at site #271. We have a dome satellite dish on the roof and I bought a receiver earlier this... make that LAST year. I've tried several times to get the dish to locate a satellite but have never had any luck. I gave it another shot yesterday morning, to no avail. Judging from everything I've read on the subject, I'm going to have to get a newer dish. One like this...

      They're kind of pricey, and I'm not in a hurry to get one. We're usually able to pull in quite a few channels over the air with the antenna - and we watch Netflix. I also have a subscription to Sling TV. At some point I'm sure we'll pop for a new dish but for now, there are other accessories higher on the list.
     In the afternoon we went for a bike ride around the resort. It's an easy couple of miles. There are no hills save for a couple of arched bridges over the waterway. With a few good pumps of the pedals you can coast for quite a ways.
     The neighbor I mentioned in yesterday's post arrived in the early afternoon. I was preparing lunch and saw him carefully surveying the positioning of our coach. He appeared concerned that I might be encroaching on his lot. There is a very clear line of demarcation where my concrete pad ends and his brick one begins. When we arrived last week I wanted to gain as much starboard side patio space as possible so I positioned the coach as close as I could to our port-side neighbor, being careful not to allow the extended slide to hang over the boundary. It's right at the boundary.
     He even had his wife come out to eyeball it. They finally retired to their rig - having determined I hadn't violated their personal space.
    Whatever.
    I was kind of hoping they might say something to me so I could retract the slide like... an inch, thus avoiding a turf war.

    Suzanne watching the football game...



    I rode my bike to the fitness center around 4pm and had a good cardio workout. The fitness center is reserved from 7am to noon for members only. We're not members, we're guests. I'm all about the rules. Especially those concerning boundaries and fitness center hours, so I comply.
    Let's see... what else. We spent a quiet night in the coach. I'm sure there was a party at the clubhouse but not knowing anyone here, we weren't interested. I made margaritas since we were fresh out of champagne, and we stayed in for the night, watching a few episodes of Blue Bloods on Netflix.
    Travis does NOT like loud noises... especially those made by firecrackers and the like. The popping and banging started around 8pm and continued until well past midnight. I was a bit surprised that MCC allowed fireworks. Maybe they don't and people use them anyway. At any rate, Travis was completely wigged out and had to get in bed with us around 10pm. He remained agitated, even lying next to me with my arm around him, but was more relaxed than he was running back & forth the length of the coach.
     I guess the most newsworthy item is that we're considering renting a spot at Sun Resorts Indian Wells for 30 days. Suzanne has to fly to NYC Monday night, returning Friday. When she returns we're taking the coach up to Napa to visit with her sister, Barb for a few days. Then I think we're going to return to spend some more time in the Coachella Valley. With record cold temps back in Northern Virginia, we're not in any hurry to return home. And there's really no reason for us not to stay out as long as we want... or at least until the weather back east is a little more palatable.
     The adventure continues...

Thanks for reading the blog.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment