Sunday, January 14, 2018

We Could Get Used To This...

   Since we won't be moving for the next thirty days I'm thinking a daily blog wouldn't be very interesting, so I've decided to blog less often - maybe a couple times a week. I'll continue taking pictures and writing daily, saving my entries in draft form, then posting on maybe Wednesdays and Saturdays.

    So, here's our site/setup at Indian Wells RV Park...





     It's a nice enough place. Not nearly the caliber of Motorcoach Country Club - but clean, well maintained and much more reasonably priced than MCC. We haven't used any of the three swimming pools yet, but at some point tomorrow, I'm going to take my book over to pool #1, the one closest to our site, and hang out for an hour or so. There never seems to be more than a couple of people there whenever I walk by - and with temps in the mid 80s, it's time for a dip. 
   Suzanne went to church this morning. I stayed home and cleaned the interior of the coach. Travis' hair and dander make cleaning on a daily basis kind of a necessity. We dust frequently. This morning I dusted, vacuumed, washed the floor and the stairs. The stairs had gotten pretty dirty during our stay in Napa where it rained for more than 24 hours straight. Travis' hair also seems to collect in the stairwell, more than in any other place in the coach. Anyway, the place was looking pretty good by the time Suzanne got home.
    I took Travis for a walk (we played at the dog park earlier in the morning) then we picked up Suzanne's mom and went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe. 
   Oh, here's a picture of a hot air balloon I saw while playing ball with Travis this morning...


     We took a hot air balloon ride several years ago here in the Coachella Valley and it was a blast!

     We returned to the coach and watched the Saints/Vikings game. I took a few breaks from the game to do a few things on the coach. There's a four inch chrome strip at the bottom of the cargo bay doors and there are some scuff marks that have been bugging me a little. I buffed out the offending marks on four of the passenger side doors. They're looking sharp now. I'll continue working my way around the entire coach over the next few days. 
     I hopped on my bike and headed for the fitness center at the end of the 3rd quarter and watched the rest of the game while maintaining a heart rate above 150 for thirty minutes. Pretty exciting 4th quarter!
     After returning to the coach, taking a shower and (of course) drinking a margarita, I took Travis for a long walk around the park. There's a group of palm trees at the rear of the park with lights strung all the way to the top... 



     Both Suzanne and I had a pretty big lunch and weren't even a little bit hungry at suppertime. 
     
     Time to take Travis for his evening constitutional and call it a day.


Thanks for checking out the blog. 




        


   

No comments:

Post a Comment