Friday, January 12, 2018

Day One Of Thirty...

    Not a whole lot to report today. Suzanne had a couple of early calls and was done around 10am. I busied myself doing a few things around the coach. I swept the concrete and asphalt patio on the passenger side of the coach and put out the two awning mats. I then put out the chairs, footstools and folding tables. There's a six foot folding table that Winnebago and other manufacturers include as standard equipment in their motorhomes. I don't often use it but we don't have a picnic table here at IW so I set it up. One use I have found for the table involves lifting Travis onto it when it's time for a brush. He stays put and it makes the job much easier. The initial 85lb lift is the tough part. Gotta start doing squats. We furminated and fluffed - and Travis is looking quite handsome.
    I'll include a picture of my patio setup tomorrow. I didn't take any pictures at all today.
    I took Travis to the playground for some tennis ball time and when we returned to the coach Jodi and Bear were arriving on their new Harley Trike. Suzanne and I followed them in the car a couple of miles down  the road to Sloan's restaurant where they treated us to breakfast and some great conversation. Both Suzanne and I had the breakfast burrito and it was delicious!
    Sloan's - two thumbs up!
    Following breakfast we returned to the coach. Suzanne had a little more work to do and wanted to check her email. I dusted the starboard side of the coach with my California Duster, cleaned the wheels and tires on that side and treated the tires with 303 tire protectant. I'll probably put the tire covers on sometime in the next few days to completely protect them from the desert sun.
     As soon as Suzanne finished reading and responding to emails we hopped in the car and ran out to do some errands. There was a deposit that needed to be made at Wells Fargo and then we went to the Walmart across highway 111 to do some much needed grocery shopping. $215 later, we returned to the coach where Suzanne stowed the groceries while I got out my bucket, squeegee and long-handled-windshield-scrubby-thing and set about removing 550 miles worth of bug guts from the coach's windshield. Our coach is positioned so that we have a beautiful view of the mountains - it looks so much nicer through a gutless, crystal clear windshield.
    I rode my bike to the park fitness center around 4pm for a half hour cardio workout. Suzanne decided to relax back at the coach with a magazine she had bought at Walmart. The 'fitness center' here at IW is no great shakes, but the eight-or-so cardio machines are of good quality and well maintained. There's also a very nice universal gym, stability balls, resistance bands, a few free weights and other random pieces of exercise equipment. I'll include a photo of the fitness center in tomorrow's blog as well (gotta remember to take all these pictures tomorrow).
    Rode back to the coach, made margaritas, took a shower, baked tilapia and green beans, watched a little TV and now I'm writing this blog entry.
    And that... as they say... is that!

Thanks for checking out my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment