Friday, November 13, 2020

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty!

     It was just a short 55 mile drive from Fallon RV Park in Fallon, NV to Sparks Marina RV Park in, you guessed it, Sparks, Nevada. Check in at SMRVP is any time after 1:00pm but when I called to make the reservation last night and told the woman to whom I was speaking that we were only about an hour out and could we check in early, I was told we could call just prior to arrival and they would let us know if our site was vacant. 

******

     You can probably tell from the pictures I post of our coach that I keep it pretty clean. In fact, I'm a little OCD about it and frequently, after arriving at a park and getting set up, I'll get out my California Duster, microfiber cloths and a spray bottle of Meguiar's Quik Detailer and spend an hour or so cleaning off road dust. I even clean the wheels and tires on a regular basis. 

     Yeah, I know...

     I had even washed her once a couple weeks ago when we were at Rocky Pond Park in Belleville, KS and managed to keep her looking purdy up until... I think it was a day or two before beginning our US50 journey. The area through which we were traveling had gotten some snow recently and, although the roads were dry when we traveled them, there was a lot of residual salt. A few of days and several hundred miles of running on this stuff resulted in a dull, grey, crusty haze of halite covering the entire length of of the coach. The wheels and tires were nasty - and the car didn't look all that great either. 

      I discovered, through an evening Google search, there was a Blue Beacon Truck Wash in Fernly, NV, directly along our route and about 23 miles west of our location - halfway between Fallon and Sparks.  I had the coach washed once before at a Blue Beacon in Odessa, Texas during last year's trip to Southern California. You can read that blog entry HERE if'n you're interested. The price was right and I was pleased with the results. I've spoken to a few fellow RVers who avoid truck washes for fear of having the finish marred by brushes used to clean gravel trucks and the like. I share their concern but have been assured by Blue Beacon personnel that their brushes (which are softer and much nicer than mine) are carefully cleaned after each job. 

     I think we waited in line for over an hour last year in Odessa but today there was no line. We pulled up to the entrance and waited just 10 minutes for them to finish rinsing a semi before opening the bay doors and motioning me forward. An employee came out earlier to advise me that if I wanted, I could back up and pull in to bay #2 where they could begin the job immediately - but I would have had to unhook from the car in order to do that (can't back up with a car in tow). 

     Fifteen minutes and a very reasonable $70 later I had a clean coach AND car! I'm a BB fan.

Looking Good!

     45 minutes of detailing at the RV park with a bottle of Maguier's in one hand and a microfiber cloth in the other and she's looking like new.

******


Today's 55 mile ride

******

     This is a beautiful RV park! Advertised as the best and most reasonably priced park in the area - and they ain't lyin'. If you book 7 or more nights you receive a 15% discount. We'll be here for 9 nights. 
     Oh, and as it turned out, our site was vacant and we were able to check in early - around 11:00am.
     
     And there's an In-N-Out Burger in town! Does it get any better?




Thanks for checking out the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment