Tuesday, January 28, 2020

That's One Grande Casa!

       The 150 miles from Willcox to Casa Grande were uneventful. That was seven days ago and I'm sitting here trying to remember anything memorable about that drive... and nothing comes to mind. I don't think we even stopped for a break.



     I had tried to make reservations at a couple different RV parks in the Phoenix area, neither of which had a vacancy. The third park I contacted was Casa Grande RV Resort in Casa Grande, Arizona and they had just one space available. I took it! I actually made the reservation online and when I arrived Wednesday afternoon I was told there was no single site available for the eight nights we required. I would have to move to a second site within the park Sunday morning. We did indeed relocate Sunday morning and as I sit here (on Tuesday afternoon) composing this blog entry, site 180, the spot we vacated Sunday morning, remains unoccupied.
     Not sure what the deal is. Perhaps someone cancelled a reservation.
     CGRVP is a very nice place - complete with a very large swimming pool, several pickle ball courts, a well equipped exercise room, laundry room, clubhouse and although the dog park is sub-par there is a very nice, very large dog park just across the street at the county park / rodeo grounds.

Site #24 - our site as of Sunday morning

     The town of Casa Grande is, not coincidentally, the location of Casa Grande Ruins National Monument.  Saturday afternoon Suzanne and I made the 14 mile drive to the National Monument. 
  •  Watched the orientation film
  •  Took the tour
  •  Bought the magnet
      Pretty interesting stuff! Click the above link and read all about it.




     We'll stay put tonight and tomorrow night and leave Thursday morning. It's just about 300 miles from here to Indian Wells RV Resort in Indio, California so we should arrive sometime mid-afternoon.  

     Let's see... anything else worth mentioning before I log out?

     We replaced three rugs in the coach with some cool new southwest design rugs...



     You've heard the story of The Princess & The Pea?


    
     Thanks for checking out the blog!

     Until next time... 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment