Sunday, January 12, 2020

Texas!

   Our plan was to travel only 150 miles or so today but we both woke up early, the weather forecast was good and the Kansas City / Houston game wouldn't be starting until 2:00pm Central Time. Why not hit the road and put a few miles behind us? We did exactly that, arriving in Texarkana, Texas at 1:00pm.

 
 
    Before departing Memphis I found a Passport America affiliated RV park in Texarkana that I thought would be a good place to park for a couple days. The pictures looked good and the price was right - $15 a night with the PA discount. However, upon arrival it became obvious that in this particular case you get what you pay for. Passport America has been a good deal for us and we've stayed at some very nice parks and saved a significant amount of money! This is only the second unacceptable PA participating "RV park" we've encountered. Several rusty cars up on blocks, an old moldy mattress leaning against the side of a trailer... I could go on, but you get the idea.
   Suzanne got her phone out and with a quick google search found a very nice alternative just 3 miles down the road.

    By the time we finished setting up and walking the dogs it was game time!
 
    But I get ahead of myself.
 
    Guess who ate a cheese danish then sneaked by me as I exited the coach during setup and went exploring the RV park...

                                                                      Bad Girl!

      A couple months ago I heard about a very cool program. It's a fuel card offered by a trucking company to owners of diesel powered motorhomes such as ours. I guess trucking companies receive fuel discounts based upon the number of trucks in their fleet. By offering fuel cards to RVers, they are effectively increasing the number of units in their fleet and hence, the discount percentage their drivers receive at the pump. All I had to do was supply them with my checking account info and a few other details. I received my card in the mail a week before our departure.



     I've fueled up twice since leaving home saving $46.08 and $44.72. Not too shabby!


     Suzanne has to stay put Monday in order to participate in a couple important conference calls. She has two less important calls Tuesday morning so we'll head a little further down the road Tuesday afternoon as soon as she finishes up. Wednesday she has a full day of work so wherever we end up Tuesday afternoon will be where we remain until Thursday morning. I'm guessing somewhere in the Dallas area.

 I'll end this blog with a picture I just got from my daughter of her almost four month old baby, Henry...



    Until next time...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment